Printer-Friendly Version

Contact Us



Office of Student Academic Services
815 N Broadway
Saratoga Springs NY 12866

Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00 PM

Evening Hours:
Monday-Thursday 5:00 PM-12:00 AM
Sunday 12:00 PM-12:00 AM

Facebook Twitter
International Students

International Students
New York State ID

A New York State non-driver photo ID card is an official and secure form of identification that includes important information like date of birth, a photograph, address in New York State and your signature. For travel and identification WITHIN the United States this is an official and helpful form of ID.

You may apply for a NYS ID card at the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in the Wilton Mall. The Skidmore campus shuttle will take you there. The DMV is open M-F from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. and until 6 p.m. on Tuesdays.

Not all, but a collection of the following items are needed to apply for the NYS ID card: US passport; foreign passport with visa and I-20; Skidmore photo ID and academic transcript; health insurance card; bank statement or ATM/debit card, and others. See the complete list of Proofs of Identity and Date of Birth for NYSDMV Photo Documents.

A US Social Security Number is needed OR a letter stating that you are not eligible (most international students and visitors). You can acquire this letter or Social Security Card from a local Social Security Administration office.