The Wilson Memorial Chapel is located on the north edge of campus in the College woods. Designed as a non-denominational facility, it supports services for all faiths in a wooded setting that fosters contemplative reflection.History
Completed in 1969, the chapel is named for Val Wilson, Skidmore's third president, who held that office from 1957 until his death in 1964 at age 49. An ordained Baptist minister, President Wilson initiated the College's move from downtown to the former Woodlawn estate on North Broadway, now the Jonsson campus. As president, he encouraged students to "develop the basic human values which will deepen appreciations, fortify integrity and thus strengthen those qualities of character which are truly hallmarks of the educated person."
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS
Skidmore College · 815 North Broadway · Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
© 2006 Skidmore College