All events for May 1, 2013
9:00 AM - 15th Annual Academic Festival
10:00 AM - Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions Information Table
5:00 PM - Burlington, VT happy hour
7:00 PM - 5/01 Boston
7:00 PM - 5/01 Chicago
7:00 PM - 5/01 New York CityTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
All events for May 17, 2013
10:00 AM - Periclean Scholar Awards Ceremony & Honors Forum Senior Recognition
12:30 PM - Senior Varsity Athlete Recognition Luncheon
2:00 PM - Phi Beta Kappa Induction Ceremony
3:30 PM - Class of 2013 Parents Fund Ceremony
4:30 PM - President's ReceptionTo view more information for these events select View all events at the bottom of the day.
There are no daily events scheduled for today. Be sure to check out the ongoing events for today.
Lecture: Letty Pogrebin
Location: Palamountain Hall: Gannett Auditorium
Time: 5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Speaker: Letty Pogrebin
Letty Pogrebin is an American writer and journalist. She graduated from Brandeis University and became a writer and feminist advocate in the early 1970's. In 1971, she was one of the founding editors of Ms. Magazine where she worked for 17 years, and a co-founder of the National Women's Political Caucus. She was also a consultant on "Free to be...you and me" and edited "Stories for Free Children."
Pogrebin is a well-known advocate for feminist, Jewish, and Jewish-feminist causes, as well as a political activist on topics such as hunger, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and African American-Jewish relations. Her publications include "Getting Yours: How to Make the System Work for the Working Woman," "Growing Up Free: Raising Your Child in the 80s," "Deborah, Golda, and Me: Being Female and Jewish in America," "Three Daughters" and the controversial and ground breaking, "Anti-Semitism in the Women's Movement."Sponsor:
Speakers Bureau, FAN, Gender Studies
- To use the calendar: click on the grey headers in the right column to see features such as search categories and event details
- To view more information about an event: click the event name in the calendar grid
- To view all events for a specific date: click the date in the calendar grid or the gray plus sign that appears when a day has more events than displayed
- To search for an event: use the search box at the top of the calendar for keywords, or click on the Categories section in the right column to search by pre-selected categories
- To view another month in the calendar: click the letter in the upper left corner, or use the white arrows next to the month name
This service is for those without a valid Skidmore College email account.