The requirements for the IA minor consist of at least six international affairs-designated courses, for a minimum of 18 credits, including one core course required as a common experience. These courses must include the following:
- The core course, IA 101 - Introduction to International Affairs ;
- One foreign language course (or equivalent) at the level of 206 or above;
- One international affairs course from three of the four knowledge clusters: “The Political World,” “The Economic World,” “The Cultural World,” and/or “The Physical World.” See International Affairs for course listings for each cluster;
- One 300-level international affairs course from any discipline;
- The six international affairs courses taken must include one course from at least three different disciplines outside the approved major (in addition to the core IA course);
- No more than two courses may overlap between the IA minor and the major.