- Student-faculty collaborative research often leads to jointly published articles and student presentations at national meetings.
- Solid graduate school preparation, including personalized premed advising, contributed to the following:
- Over the past decade, 75% of Skidmore grads who applied to medical schools were accepted;
- 88% who applied to dental and veterinary schools were accepted; and
- 100% who applied to health and allied-health profession schools were accepted.
- Skidmore science faculty have been awarded millions of dollars in funding from private and governmental agencies including the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, Research Corporation, RobertWood Johnson Foundation, and Department of Homeland Security.
- Skidmore neuroscience students have received prestigious grants from the National Institutes of Health to fund summer collaborative research and provide tuition relief for academic-year work.
- Skidmore awards up to five $40,000 Porter Presidential Scholarships in Science and Mathematics each year on the basis of superior accomplishment and exceptional promise in these areas.
- Skidmore received funding from the National Science Foundation to support the Skidmore Scholars in Science and Mathematics (S³M) Program, filling up to eight need-based scholarships each year in these areas.
- Skidmore’s science program offers:
CREATIVE THOUGHT MATTERS
Skidmore College · 815 North Broadway · Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
© 2006 Skidmore College